Jaami' Bayan al-'Ilm wa Fadlihi 1/2 جامع بيان العلم وفضله
Ibn Abd al-Barr wrote this work specifically to establish an understanding of the superiority of knowledge.
It is divided into two parts after the Introduction (Khutbah) in which the Holy Prophet's sayings against concealing knowledge are cited and the reader is urged to seek knowledge in accordance with the Prophet's observation that "Seeking knowledge is obligatory for every believer."
As to what knowledge should be acquired, it is explained what is Fard Ain (Obligatory Knowledge) and Fard Kifayah (Elective Knowledge).
Part-1: This part includes chapters on:
* excellence of knowledge, preference of knowledge to a mode of worship;
* excellence of the learned;
* the art of writing;
* correcting a recorded book of knowledge by collation;
* correcting pronunciations;
* forbearance and perseverance in achieving knowledge undertaking journey, and dissemination of knowledge;
* the manner and method of achieving knowledge, and holding discussions and debates;
* transmission of knowledge to others;
* seeking honor and position by patronizing the learned and the students;
* propagating Islam and teachings of Qur'an and Sunnah for the sake of Allah and not for any worldly gains and pursuits.
Part-2: This part is devoted to:
* practicing what is learned and avoiding forbidden acts,
* principles of knowledge and its nature, its division and limitations.
* The 'People of the Books' and their traditions are briefly discussed.
* It is explained what a learned man should do when he is asked about something he does not know.
Attention is called to the spurious or wrong methods of studies current among the people of different order and creeds. The author also deals with Ijtihad al-Ra’i (reasoning) on the line of the ‘Principles of Fiqh’ in the absence of any clear text (Nass). Emphasis is placed on sticking to the Sunnah and avoiding innovations and evil propensities. Printed on yellow paper by Dar Ibn Jowzee (KSA), The Tahqeeq is by Abu Al-Ashbaal Az-Zuhayree.
SKU : 8428146260184